Re: RFS: ruby-test-unit-context

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 06, 2015 at 09:02:46AM +0530, Balasankar C wrote:

> Can I remove the entire folder debian/tests if autopkgtest doesn't need any
> explicit directions?
> Or just the control.ex file? I was under the impression that
> debian/tests/control.ex was required for
> the autopkgtest to work. But then I read deeper and found out gem2deb
> changelog states that
> autopkgtest can now automatically detect the Ruby tests.

Yes. Every file with a .ex extension in the debian/ directory are
usually just templates to help the maintainers writing the same file
without the .ex extension.

> >In your copyright file, you use ASL-2.0 for the short name of the
> >Apache license, which should be instead Apache-2.0, according to
> >https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/
> >The full text of the license is not required to be cited, because it is
> >shipped in /usr/share/common-licenses/Apache-2.0. You should however add
> >a paragraph like:
> >
> > On Debian systems, the full text of the Apache License version 2.0 can be
> > found in the file `/usr/share/common-licenses/Apache-2.0'.

> So the license portion will look like the following?
> License: Apache-2.0
>  On Debian systems, the full text of the Apache License version 2.0 can be
>  found in the file `/usr/share/common-licenses/Apache-2.0'

keep the text you have, and add the two sentences above.

> Also, is this applicable to all the licenses in /usr/share/common-licenses ?
> Should I just
> say that the license can be found in that location?

There are some indications about what to do in
https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/#license-specification
about the Licence paragraph. A priori, just pointing to the license file
in /usr/share/common-licenses may be enough, but it is safer to add a
paragraph like you did. A reference for such paragraphs could be either
other packages in the archive, or the tool 'cme edit dpkg-copyright'
from the libconfig-model-dpkg-perl package.

> >In test/test_helper.rb, the $LOAD_PATH should probably be patched out,
> >so that the code installed under debian/ruby-test-unit-context would be
> >used instead of that of lib/ (although, since you don't modify files in
> >lib/, this would make no difference).

> Yeah. I had also thought that. But didn't do it exactly because of the
> reason you stated.
> If the convention is to patch out the $LOAD_PATH, I'll do that.

> Also, is the Ruby team policy documented somewhere? Or is it existent only
> in mailing list archives?

For the moment, the reference is what we have on the wiki page. There is
an aging draft for an official Ruby policy in the ruby-policy git repo.
I guess updating it will be an item in the TODO list for the next Debian
Ruby sprint (it was on the list last year...).