Re: RFS: ruby-test-unit-context

Hi Balasankar,

On Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 08:10:13PM +0530, Balasankar C wrote:
> Hi
> I've prepared the packaging of ruby-test-unit-context. It has been
> tested with pbuilder and debci and found ok. Lintian check was also
> clean. The package has been pushed to alioth repo
> /git/pkg-ruby-extras/ruby-test-unit-context.git

Please consider removing the autogenerated debian/tests/control.ex file.
The short and long description should be improved, both style and
content. For the short description, use instead something like:

	context for the Test::Unit Ruby testing framework

For the long description, use full sentences, remove mention of ruby
1.8, check spelling.

I see that you use a different license for yout debian/ directory than
the upstream license. The current team policy is to recommend the use of
the same license as upstream for the Debian packaging, unless you have a
very good reason.

In your copyright file, you use ASL-2.0 for the short name of the
Apache license, which should be instead Apache-2.0, according to
https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/

The full text of the license is not required to be cited, because it is
shipped in /usr/share/common-licenses/Apache-2.0. You should however add
a paragraph like:

 On Debian systems, the full text of the Apache License version 2.0 can be
 found in the file `/usr/share/common-licenses/Apache-2.0'.

In test/test_helper.rb, the $LOAD_PATH should probably be patched out,
so that the code installed under debian/ruby-test-unit-context would be
used instead of that of lib/ (although, since you don't modify files in
lib/, this would make no difference).