Re: GitLab packaging

On Saturday 04 October 2014 09:53 AM, Daniel Polanco wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> After looking a bit a the mailing list, I realized I might be a bit
> under qualified to package GitLab myself. I’m a fairly new programmer,
> but I’m very interested in giving back to the community. A big part is
> that it would take me a while to learn Ruby if that’s what is required
> to create a package.
>
> Having said that, I wanted to throw my name out there and see what you
> all thought. I’m very willing to learn new things, and I want to learn
> how to package debs at some point, but I also don’t want to take too
> much on and waste anyone’s time.
>
> Daniel
>
> PS. This is the first time I’ve used a mailing list, so feel free to
> guide me in the right direction if I’m using it incorrectly.

Hi Daniel,

Good to see your interest. You can start from
https://wiki.debian.org/GitLab/Packaging

But steps would be very similar to Diaspora packaging which has more
documentation https://wiki.debian.org/GitLab/Packaging

I can spent some time on irc to get you started with packaging. We
usually hangout on #debian-diaspora on oftc.

You can pick a gem from gitlab dependencies and start packaging it.

Current status is http://balasankarc.in/gitlab/

Thanks
Praveen