Re: Request for sponsorship: ruby-elasticsearch, ruby-elasticsearch-api, ruby-elasticsearch-transport

On 21/09/14 4:51 AM, "Cédric Boutillier" <boutil@debian.org> wrote:

>>Other packages I created to get this working are currently in my
>>tpot-guest public_git repository:
>
>>ruby-ae
>>ruby-brass
>>ruby-jsonify
>>ruby-qed
>>ruby-lemon
>>ruby-prof
>>ruby-ansi
>
>Is the circular build-dependency caused by ruby-lemon/ruby-ansi/ruby-ae?
>Another package uses ruby-lemon for tests (ruby-hashery). I simply
>gave up momentarily about those tests. You can either do the same or if
>you manage to build those three packages in a clean way, then we could
>enable tests in ruby-hashery, which would be an improvement.

I've disabled the tests for ruby-lemon, ruby-brass and ruby-ansi so that
these packages can build.  I figure that no tests on three packages is
better than disabling tests on possibly many other packages due to lack of
testing infrastructure.

>In this list, can you precise which packages are needed for the tests,
>and which are just build-dependencies of those packages?

ruby-brass depended on ruby-lemon for tests, no other build dependencies
ruby-lemon depended on ruby-qed for tests, no other build dependencies
ruby-ansi depended on ruby-lemon for tests, no other build dependencies

ruby-qed depends on ruby-brass and ruby-ae at install time, no build or
test dependencies
ruby-ae depends on ruby-ansi at install time, no build or test dependencies

ruby-jsonify depends on misc other already packages gems for test and
install

I managed to remove the dependency on ruby-prof, since it only works on
two ports so has been dropped just about everywhere except stable.

Finally, ruby-elasticsearch now depends on various already packages gems
as well as ruby-ansi and ruby-jsonify for running tests.

Phew - everything seems to be building, testing and installing on my
Jenkins server correctly now.  Here's the final list of packages and
dependencies for ruby-elasticsearch:

ruby-ae
ruby-ansi
ruby-brass
ruby-elasticsearch
ruby-jsonify
ruby-lemon
ruby-qed

>Would you mind importing those packages in the team directory?

Done - they're missing ITPs and d/copyright but I'll get on to that now.

>Thanks!
>
>Cédric

Tim Potter
Cloud Systems Engineer
HP Cloud Services

timothy.potter@hp.com
M +61 419 749 832
Hewlett-Packard Australia Pty Ltd

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient
(or authorised to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by
reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.