Re: Request for sponsorship: ruby-elasticsearch, ruby-elasticsearch-api, ruby-elasticsearch-transport

On 19/09/14 8:37 AM, "Potter, Tim (Cloud Services)"
<timothy.potter@hp.com> wrote:

>> If there is a subset of tests (some unit tests?) that could run without
>> the elasticsearch server, you may try to run only those. If you manage
>> to package the dozen of gems, you could (maybe as a middle term goal) to
>> run the full test suite with autopkgtest.
>
>I'll take a look at this.  I must admit not diving too deeply into the
>tests after seeing that they fail trying to make a network connection.

Excellent suggestion about the unit tests.  There are 300 or so unit tests
that are part of the package that I have managed to get running.

I found a circular build dependency though between two gems used by the
ruby-elasticsearch test harness.  It doesn't look like it can be
introduced into the repository without disabling the tests (temporarily?)
for one of the packages.  I think the ports guys might get upset by this
though.  Introducing an unbuildable set of packages is probably bad form.

Other packages I created to get this working are currently in my
toot-guest public_git repository:

ruby-ae
ruby-brass
ruby-jsonify
ruby-qed
ruby-lemon
ruby-prof
ruby-ansi

Tim Potter
Cloud Systems Engineer
HP Cloud Services

timothy.potter@hp.com
M +61 419 749 832
Hewlett-Packard Australia Pty Ltd

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient
(or authorised to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by
reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.