Re: RFS: ruby-octokit, ruby-hoe, ruby-request-store

On 13/08/14 04:54 AM, Cédric Boutillier wrote:
Hi Caitlin,

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 02:51:39PM -0400, Caitlin Matos wrote:
I have uploaded these 3 packages to git. DDs, please check them when you
have a chance.

ruby-request-store is a new package. I packaged it because it is required to
update another package, ruby-gon. This is my first time doing a package from
scratch (though gem2deb did most of the work), so please be kind!

I had a look at ruby-request-store. The package looks very good. I had
just a concern about the Suggests: line in debian/control. Since jessie
will not ship any of ruby-rails-3.2 or ruby-rails-4.0, does it really
make sense to list them? Shouldn't it be more ruby-railties instead of
ruby-rails?

Yes, I packaged this before I fully realised that we're shipping 4.1, not 4.0, and I was trying to make it as backwards-compatible as possible. As for railties vs rails, you're right, I didn't even think about it. I have changed it to railties (>= 2:3.0), which allows for some backwards compatibility for who still want to use an older version (I imagine there are some holdouts who will pin an older version or install it manually). I can get rid of that, but it seems harmless.

Anyway, changes pushed.

Caitlin