ruby-defaults with switch to ruby2.1 uploaded to UNSTABLE!

On Wed, May 07, 2014 at 11:50:01PM +0200, Christian Hofstaedtler wrote:
> * Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org> [140507 23:26]:
> [..]
> > I have just uploaded ruby-defaults to experimental, switching the
> > default to ruby2.1 and dropping ruby2.0 from ruby-all-dev. That means
> > that if you have ruby-all-dev >= 1:2.1.0.0 installed, compiled
> > extensions for ruby2.0 will no longer be built.
>
> Great, thanks!
>
> > ATM the plan is to upload that version to unstable as soon as the
> > transition to remove ruby1.9.1 is done with (only 7 source packages to
> > go now¹). I didn't put much thought into it yet, but maybe this upload
> > to unstable can happen even before the ruby1.9.1 removal is finished if
> > I am sure that the transition would not be negatively affected in any
> > way.
>
> Please hold off from uploading to unstable 3-4 days, I think we'll be
> ready to remove ruby1.9.1 from testing by then.
>
> Actually the packages listed on the tracker are no longer the blockers;
> the blockers are:
> coquelicot, ruby-gnome2, ruby-patron, sup-mail, xapian-bindings

Since these blockers are all either fixed of removed from testing, and
ruby1.9.1 was also already removed from testing, I have uploaded the new
ruby-defaults to unstable today.

So, on your next upgrade, ruby2.1 will be the new default interpreter.
As usual, let us know if anything breaks.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>