ruby-defaults with switch to ruby2.1 uploaded to experimental

Hello everyone,

As we might be aware already, our plan is to ship jessie with Ruby 2.1
as the default (and only) Ruby interpreter.

I have just uploaded ruby-defaults to experimental, switching the
default to ruby2.1 and dropping ruby2.0 from ruby-all-dev. That means
that if you have ruby-all-dev >= 1:2.1.0.0 installed, compiled
extensions for ruby2.0 will no longer be built.

Please help by testing your stuff with ruby2.1 as default, and report
bugs if you find any problems.

ATM the plan is to upload that version to unstable as soon as the
transition to remove ruby1.9.1 is done with (only 7 source packages to
go now¹). I didn't put much thought into it yet, but maybe this upload
to unstable can happen even before the ruby1.9.1 removal is finished if
I am sure that the transition would not be negatively affected in any
way.

¹ https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/ruby1.9.1-rm.html

Please do NOT upload packages built against this new ruby-defaults to
unstable just yet.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>