Re: ruby-defaults with switch to ruby2.1 uploaded to experimental

* Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org> [140507 23:26]:
[..]
> I have just uploaded ruby-defaults to experimental, switching the
> default to ruby2.1 and dropping ruby2.0 from ruby-all-dev. That means
> that if you have ruby-all-dev >= 1:2.1.0.0 installed, compiled
> extensions for ruby2.0 will no longer be built.

Great, thanks!

> ATM the plan is to upload that version to unstable as soon as the
> transition to remove ruby1.9.1 is done with (only 7 source packages to
> go now¹). I didn't put much thought into it yet, but maybe this upload
> to unstable can happen even before the ruby1.9.1 removal is finished if
> I am sure that the transition would not be negatively affected in any
> way.

Please hold off from uploading to unstable 3-4 days, I think we'll be
ready to remove ruby1.9.1 from testing by then.

Actually the packages listed on the tracker are no longer the blockers;
the blockers are:
coquelicot, ruby-gnome2, ruby-patron, sup-mail, xapian-bindings

--
 ,''`.  Christian Hofstaedtler <zeha@debian.org>
: :' :  Debian Developer