Re: RFC: ruby-launchy 2.3.0-1

Hi,

I haven't looked at the packaging in details yet, but here are a couple
of suggestions.

On Sat, Oct 05, 2013 at 06:32:33PM +0200, Gioele Barabucci wrote:
> Hello,

> I made various fixes to the existing ruby-launchy repository on
> alioth, including updating ruby-launchy to the current upstream
> version. I removed some problematic tests that had no impact on
> Linux systems anyway.

> There is a problem with JRuby. Launchy requires an additional gem
> (spoon) when run on JRuby. How can that be specified in the
> debian/control file?

At the moment jruby is not able to load (directly) the packaged Ruby
libraries, because /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby is not in its LOAD_PATH.
You can for the moment ignore this issue, and add a debian/TODO file
where you mention that ruby-spoon dependency should be added when jruby
is able to load it.

> Lintian complains about a missing man page. How should that be handled?

You should write one yourself, either directly in roff, or using POD and
generating the manpage with pod2man. See e.g. ruby-ascii85 or yard for
examples with pod2man.

There is another issue that should be fixed: currently, there is a
launchy package shipping /usr/bin/launchy. You should rename the file
you install to usr/bin/launchy to launchy-rb or launchy-ruby to avoid a
conflict.