require "rubygems"

Hi,

Given that we are in the process of dropping ruby1.8 and given that
ruby1.9.1 and ruby2.0 load rubygems by default ¹, I was wondering if it
was still necessary to patch out source packages to remove the 'require
"rubygems"' statements (since they are no-ops with those recent versions
of the interpreter), at least when ruby1.8 will have disappeared from
the archive.

What do you think?

① ruby1.9.1 -e"puts 'ok' if defined? Gem" returns ok,
  ruby1.9.1 -e"puts require 'rubygems'" returns false.
  Same with ruby 2.0.