Re: RFS: ruby-mongo 1.8.5-1, ruby-bson-ext 1.8.5-1

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 10:40 PM, Cédric Boutillier
<cedric.boutillier@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the current stage of the repository, none of the tests are run. Among
> ruby-mongo, ruby-bson and  ruby-bson-ext, ruby-mongo is the only one
> having still tests shipped with the gem. That would be a real plus to
> have at least some of them run at build time to see if at least some
> basic functionality are working.
> [upstream promised to split correctly the tests among the three gems].
>
> Could you please enable at least the test/unit/*_test.rb files with the
> ruby-tests.rb method as I suggested above? In that case, you'll need to
> use the version of mocha in experimental, and target experimental.

Now, I run test at build time (Error: unit/mongo_sharded_client_test.rb),
I ignore some test failures in debian/rule and target experimental.
(https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/RUBY-584)

> ruby-bson-ext should not build-depend on ruby-bson (nothing requires
> that) and if you don't run the tests in ruby-mongo, then you probably
> don't need to build-depend on ruby-bson and ruby-bson-ext (if you enable
> the tests however, as I recommend, it should).

I removed build-depend on ruby-bson in ruby-bson-ext.

 ปรัชญ์ พงษ์พานิช
 Prach Pongpanich