Re: RFS: ruby-mongo 1.8.5-1, ruby-bson-ext 1.8.5-1

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 12:39:25PM +0700, Prach Pongpanich wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 at 12:15:06 +0200, Cédric Boutillier wrote:

> > * For ruby-mongo
> >  - since you removed the content of debian/ruby-test-files.yaml, you
> >    can remove the file completely. It seems that you can run at least
> >    all tests in test/unit/ without mongodb server (except maybe
> >    mongo_sharded_client_test.rb).
> >    The loadpath has to be modified so that test_helper.rb can be found.
> >    You can use the ruby-tests.rb method, with something like:
> >
> >    $: << "./test/"
> >    Dir["test/unit/*.rb"].each { |f| require f}
> >
> >    (you'll need to add ruby-mocha and ruby-shoulda to the
> >    Build-Depends: field, and maybe patch out the requirement on sfl in
> >    test/tools/mongo_config.rb)

> I have tried the mentioned above before I committed to the repository
> and I removed debian/ruby-test-files.yaml file.
> ( I have learned a lot from your ruby-bson package. )

In the current stage of the repository, none of the tests are run. Among
ruby-mongo, ruby-bson and  ruby-bson-ext, ruby-mongo is the only one
having still tests shipped with the gem. That would be a real plus to
have at least some of them run at build time to see if at least some
basic functionality are working.
[upstream promised to split correctly the tests among the three gems].

Could you please enable at least the test/unit/*_test.rb files with the
ruby-tests.rb method as I suggested above? In that case, you'll need to
use the version of mocha in experimental, and target experimental.

> >  - you could install bin/mongo-console as an example through
> >    debian/ruby-mongo.examples file instead of removing it completely

> I already done it through debian/examples.

Thanks, I overlooked that.

> I add a specific version of ruby-bson-ext (>= 1.8.5) in ruby-mongo and
> ruby-bson (>= 1.8.5) in ruby-bson-ext.
> (Upstream released three gems with the same version.)

ruby-bson-ext should not build-depend on ruby-bson (nothing requires
that) and if you don't run the tests in ruby-mongo, then you probably
don't need to build-depend on ruby-bson and ruby-bson-ext (if you enable
the tests however, as I recommend, it should).