Re: Regarding gitlab

On Sun, Mar 03, 2013 at 20:33:09 +0100, Daniel Martí wrote:
> I emailed upstream twice about the custom ruby dependencies, but got no
> reply so far. Will try a third time and report back.

He did reply this time. And I quote:

> We use patched libraries because we need some fixes and improvements over
> native one.

I asked whether he tried merging those changes into their respective
upstream repositories.

> I can build a gems like `gitlab-grit` or something if it saves you a lot of
> efforts.

Would this be a valid workaround? AFAIK the gems would not conflict with
the original ones. It wouldn't be the cleanest of the solutions, but it
might just work (if the "merge the changes into the gems" option is not
possible).

Any opinions?

--
Daniel Martí - mvdan@mvdan.cc - GPG 0x58BF72C3