Re: Regarding gitlab

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 09:48:47AM +0100, Per Andersson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 11:22 PM, Cédric Boutillier
> <cedric.boutillier@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Antonio for this cleaned Gemfile.
> > I extracted from it the names of the gems, and generated a new graph
> >
> >   http://people.debian.org/~boutil/gitlab/gitlab_deps20130123.pdf
>
> Neat, great work!
>
> The gem rubyntlm is a false positive, it is already packaged as ruby-ntlm.
>

> > which looks (a bit) less intimidating than the previous one.
>
> Indeed. :-)
>
> What are typical developer gems that are not a requirement for running
> tests?
>
> So far Antonio has flagged pry and guard. Any other common gems that
> can

Another common one is spork, plus the ones I flagged at gitlab's Gemfile
(note however that I might be wrong for some of them).

Usually you should double check everything listed inside :development
and :test groups, and ask yourself whether that makes sense while
running the tests in a package build.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>