Re: Regarding gitlab

On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 01:38:06PM -0500, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:
> Please keep me on CC, I'm not on the list

It is him we should CC, not me :) I quoted Cédric's replies so that Paul
can catch up.

> > I think it will be a bit confusing if you keep the current changelog
> > entries in debian/changelog, as they are documented as being uploaded to
> > unstable, but in fact there were not. So I would remove these entries,
> > but you can add in your changelog entry a paragraph about the changes
> > made by Alexander Golovko (in a summarized form)
> >
> >   [ Alexander Golovko ]
> >   * this
> >
> >   [ You ]
> >   * this
> >
> > But maybe others have another opinion on this.

> I would ask that it only contain a single entry, with a single changelog
> item, closing the ITP. You can thank him in the debian/copyright, or if
> he'd like to be a co-maintainer.

OK, I'll follow Cedric's advice on this matter. I will also mention him
in debian/copyright, since AFAIK that's mandatory. I hadn't thought
about asking him whether he wants to co-maintain; that's a great idea!

> > Yes, it fits. Ask to join pkg-ruby-teams if you haven't done it already.

> I'll let the rubyists answer that :)

I joined pkg-ruby-teams on alioth as mvdan-guest. Hopefully that will be
enough.

> > You can start with sid right away for new packages. If you need to
> > update some packages already present in the archive to a newer version,
> > then you should target experimental. In any case, there is no need to
> > wait the end of the freeze (although during the freeze, it can take a
> > long time to have new packages enter the archive).

> It's quite alright to push to unstable, if the package is already NEW,
> since it won't be in testing anyway, so updates to testing via unstable
> aren't needed

Brilliant. I'll be submitting the ITPs as things get moving.

--
Daniel Martí - mvdan@mvdan.cc - GPG 0x58BF72C3