Re: ruby-mysql2 package is prepared

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 07:37:22PM +0100, Michael Franzl wrote:
> On 12/11/2012 03:02 PM, Cédric Boutillier wrote:
> >Anyway, I am not sure it is useful to install benchmarks in
> >/usr/share/doc/ruby-mysql2, so unless you have a strong opinion on this
> >matter, could you remove benchmark/* files from ruby-mysql2.examples?
> >(you can use wildcards and write simply 'examples/*' in that file, and
> >modify remove_rubygems_from_examples_and_benchmarks.patch accordingly?

> I removed the benchmarks from .examples. However, I did not modify
> the patch, since at a later point those benchmarks could be
> installed into a different location.

I do not feel completely comfortable with the fact that you patch files
that are not installed. If you want to preserve the changes for later,
may I propose you to split the patch into two: one for files in
examples, the other for benchmark/, and keep just the one for examples/
in debian/patches/series?

Please also, keep the master branch with the patches unapplied (this is
a convention we use in the Ruby team).

You seem also to have modified the .gitignore file. Could you please
restore the upstream version? The files you add should be removed anyway
automatically when the tree is cleaned.

A last thing: could you uncomment the VCS-* fields in debian/control, so
that I can directly import your Git repo in the team repo.

Thanks again for your work.