Re: ruby-mysql2 package is prepared

Dear Michael,

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 01:30:29PM +0100, Michael Franzl wrote:

> >You could patch the examples so that they do not use rubygems, and don't
> >modify the LOAD_PATH (the library will be installed in a place where
> >ruby can find it, and the relative path ../lib is not valid anymore
> >from /usr/share/doc/ruby-mysql2/examples).

> I did that for examples, and also for the benchmarks.

The package I build from your repo does not contain the benchmark/*
files in /usr/share/doc/ruby-mysql2. I am not sure I understand why,
because you put them in debian/ruby-mysql2.examples.

Anyway, I am not sure it is useful to install benchmarks in
/usr/share/doc/ruby-mysql2, so unless you have a strong opinion on this
matter, could you remove benchmark/* files from ruby-mysql2.examples?
(you can use wildcards and write simply 'examples/*' in that file, and
modify remove_rubygems_from_examples_and_benchmarks.patch accordingly?

A few more changes I would like you to implement in debian/control:
remove the line DM-Upload-Allowed:, since it has been deactivated, and
bump the Standards-Version: to 3.9.4, as it is the most recent version
(contrary to what lintian says).

Greetings,