Re: Ship ruby1.9[.1/3] as default Ruby in Wheezy

On 25.05.2012 12:53, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
On May 25, 2012 6:39 AM, "Antonio Terceiro"  wrote:
 > Wheezy+1 should be release late 2014, so by then it will not be
 > reasonable to keep supporting Ruby 1.8, so we will probably drop
> Ruby 1.8 for Wheezy+1.

This indirectly dodges my statement on point releases.  I think most
ruby programmers would rather see no 1.8 rather than to have a FEATURE stripped in a point release just to hang onto a grace period for a EOL
instead of making the upcoming date just be total EOL for Debian to
ease management.

You appear to be a little confused here. wheezy+1 will not be a point release, it will be the next major release after wheezy (it doesn't have a name yet, hence "wheezy+1").

Regards,

Adam