Re: Dropping ruby-commandline, or declaring it 1.8-only?

Cédric Boutillier dijo [Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 07:10:38AM +0200]:
> I investigated a few days ago this problem, and found at least why it
> silently fails with Ruby1.9: with Ruby 1.9, private_instance_methods
> returns a list of symbols, not a list of strings, so the machinery to
> initialize the application in lib/commandline/application.rb fails.
>
> I had two patches (attached) to go just a little further. But I still
> got errors. I am afraid I may not have time to look deeper into this
> defore a couple of days, but I hope it can help —at least, now
> commandline succeeds in failing with Ruby 1.9 ;).

Thanks for a good insight, Cédric!

Given seven years without upstream maintenance, I think removing this
(redundant!) module should be the way to solve this bug. As porting to
OptionParser is basically trivial, I guess it's a safer way out, and
we will reduce cruft in the archive. Do you agree?

Thanks!