Re: RFS: ohai gem2deb transition

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org> wrote:
> I though about first asking the Opscode people, or to look at their
> Debian package sources, to see whether we can minimize our effort to get
> newest chef* packages on sid.

I did a gem2deb conversion of the Chef packages about a year ago which
can be found in the Opscode packages github repo [1]. The chef-solr
packaging is probably the worst off due to its relationship with Jetty
and trying to ensure it doesn't redistribute any parts of Jetty that
should be used from the other packaging. Opscode is supporting Tollef
in whatever he needs and he's leading this work for us.

Bryan McLellan [Opscode]

[1] https://github.com/opscode/opscode-packages/tree/master/debian