Re: Changing the default version of Ruby to be 1.9

On 01/04/2012 08:58 AM, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

I don't want to guess what problems you were seeing.  Can you tell
me of a specific command (complete with arguments) that doesn't
work?

It failed for me when I tried to install another package (try apt-get
install tcsh), since apt-listbugs is called by APT during the
installation process. But I think that it boils down to some packages
needing to be migrated.

I seem to get the same results either way:

# apt-get install tcsh
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  tcsh
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 576 kB of archives.
After this operation, 1339 kB of additional disk space will be used.
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  tcsh
Install these packages without verification [y/N]? Y
Get:1 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable/main tcsh amd64 6.17.06-2 [576 kB]
Fetched 576 kB in 1s (445 kB/s)
Retrieving bug reports... Done
Parsing Found/Fixed information... Done
Can not write log, openpty() failed (/dev/pts not mounted?)
Selecting previously unselected package tcsh.
(Reading database ... 13769 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking tcsh (from .../tcsh_6.17.06-2_amd64.deb) ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Can not write log, openpty() failed (/dev/pts not mounted?)
Setting up tcsh (6.17.06-2) ...
update-alternatives: using /bin/tcsh to provide /bin/csh (csh) in auto mode.

- Sam Ruby