Re: JRuby packaging

On 11/09/2011 20:17, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
Hello Alex,

Alex Young escreveu isso aí:
Hi all,

Is anyone working on packaging a more recent jruby version than 1.5.1?
That's a pretty archaic release by today's standards, and the only
commonly available newer packages are 1.5.6 in an ubuntu ppa.

If there's no reason a 1.6.x version shouldn't be packaged, I might be
able to convince the boss to scare up some manpower to take care of it.

I guess jruby maintainers don't follow this list, you should probably
mail them explicitly.

jruby is currently in non-free and it would be nice if you could work to
move it to main. I am not sure what would be needed for that, but I am
sure the maintainers do.

Please keep us (debian-ruby) posted on your progress there.

jruby_1.5.1+dfsg4-2 has been accepted into main.

It'd probably be a good idea for someone more familiar with the new Ruby policy to take a quick look at the package (if that hasn't already happened) to make sure there's nothing lurking that needs attending to.

Thanks,
--
Alex