cutest tests and missing fixtures directory (was Re: ruby_parser test case failure with 1.9.1 and plans for 1.9.2)

2011/9/12 Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>:
> the failing test says
>
>  Cutest.run(Dir["test/fixtures/success.rb"])
>
> but test/fixtures/success.rb does not exist. You should probably send a patch
> to upstream adding test/fixtures to the distributed gem.

Upstream git has these files, but gem is missing the whole fixtures directory!

I opened an issue with upstream https://github.com/djanowski/cutest/issues/3

Can I add the whole fixtures directory as patch and proceed till
upstream fixes it?

> Another thing: I could only make these tests run by adding the following to the
> top of debian/ruby-tests.rb:
>
>  ENV['PATH'] = 'debian/ruby-cutest/usr/bin:' + ENV['PATH']
>
> That's because I do not have cutest installed via rubygems or in any other way.
> You could catch this building in a clean chroot.

added this to ruby-tests.rb

> Also, gem2deb is running the tests before updating the shebangs in the
> installed programs: these tests will not like this. I will upload a new gem2deb
> release today, please change the build-depends to `gem2deb (>= 0.2.8~)` for
> this package.

updated control file.
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍