Re: RFS: ruby-pdf-reader

On 13/09/11 at 19:39 -0700, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> Cédric Boutillier escreveu isso aí:
> >
> > Hi Antonio,
> >
> > Thank you very much for your comments. I am learning a lot.
> >
> > On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 10:38:55AM -0700, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> >
> > > You did not import a new pristine-tar entry for the 0.10.0+real version.
> >
> > I believe I did. I have just checked out again ruby-pdf-reader
> > repository. There are three commits on the pristine-tar branch. Two of
> > them mention the 0.10.0 version. The second one is in fact the same as
> > the 0.10.0+real version. That is why there is no difference between the
> > third and the second commit (just the tag). The third one (96dfda5...)
> > is the (real) pristine-tar entry for 0.10.0+real.
> >
> > I could recover a tarball with:
> >   pristine-tar checkout ruby-pdf-reader_0.10.0+real.orig.tar.gz
> >
> > The reason for this +real version is that the gem did not ship the test
> > suite. I already imported it in the repo when I realized it. I got the
> > corresponding tarball from github, but I had to change the version,
> > because the tag was already made public.
>
> Yeah, you are right. The problem is that `mr update` is not updating all
> branches, and I forgot to check origin/pristine-tar. My bad.

It is, since mr checkout is supposed to configure tracking (see git
branch --track pristine-tar remotes/origin/pristine-tar in .mrconfig).
The problem happens when
- Cyril creates the pristine-tar branch locally, but forgets to git push
  --all
- You "mr checkout". Configuring tracking fails, since there's no
  pristine-tar branch.
- Cyril pushes the pristine-tar branch
- You "mr update". Since tracking is not configured, you don't get the
  pristine-tar branch.

Lucas