Re: new tool: pkg-overview + TODO for ondrej, terceiro, gwolf, daigo

On 28/07/11 at 23:32 -0700, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> Lucas Nussbaum escreveu isso aí:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I spent some time this morning trying to get a clean view of the git
> > repos. I wrote a script (pkg-overview) that displays a huge table with
> > everything. it's in git, as "pkg-overview". It's similar to what PET
> > provides, except it can be run locally.
>
> Very nice, thanks a lot! :)
>
> > [terceiro] git push --tags in ruby-shoulda-context
> > [terceiro] git push --tags in ruby-shoulda-matchers
> > [terceiro] git push --tags in ruby-pkg-config
> >
> > ruby-shoulda
> > ============
> > We are tracking the upstream's git in our git. I'm not sure we should do
> > that. It adds much noise (e.g to commit notifications).
> > What do you think?
>
> I am actually following upstream git in quite a few of our packages, not
> only in ruby-shoulda.
>
> I am not sure whether following every single git commit by e-mail is
> healthy/useful, so for example I am not subscribed to the -commits list.
> But if the others in the team think it adds noise, I can revert that
> next time I work on that packages.

well, I like to follow git commits, since I can be proactive on
review/sponsorship requests when I do. It has happened me a few times to
reply to a commit log say "no, that's wrong". So the added noise is
really inconvenient.

Lucas