Re: new tool: pkg-overview + TODO for ondrej, terceiro, gwolf, daigo

Lucas Nussbaum dijo [Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 02:04:19PM +0200]:
> Hi,
>
> I spent some time this morning trying to get a clean view of the git
> repos. I wrote a script (pkg-overview) that displays a huge table with
> everything. it's in git, as "pkg-overview". It's similar to what PET
> provides, except it can be run locally.
>
> There's another tool, called check-branches, which checks if all
> required branches can be found.
>
> This made me discover a few issues:
> [ondrej] in ruby-activesupport-2.3, you need to git push --all ; git push --tags
> [terceiro] git push --tags in ruby-shoulda-context
> [terceiro] git push --tags in ruby-shoulda-matchers
> [terceiro] git push --tags in ruby-pkg-config
> [daigo] what's the state of ruby-odbc?
> [gwolf] create + push pristine-tar and upstream in ruby-wirble
> [gwolf] create + push pristine-tar in ruby-spreadsheet
> [gwolf] create + push pristine-tar in ruby-barby

Very nice and concise tool - Thanks for your work! (and for pinging
and insisting me... I'm finally up-to-date with you)

> ruby-shoulda
> We are tracking the upstream's git in our git. I'm not sure we should do
> that. It adds much noise (e.g to commit notifications).
> What do you think?

Yes, receiving all the notifications would be too much. I prefer
having our git made up just from the upstream tarballs (or tags at
least).