Re: Request for review ruby-hmac

On 08/05/11 at 14:00 +0530, Vasudev Kamath wrote:
> Hi,
> I've created ruby-hmac package using gem2deb and pushed it to the team
> git repository[1].
>
> There are some lintian warnings. It suggests me to use Breaks instead
> of Conflicts also duplicate short and long description for
> transitional packages (libhmac-ruby1.8 and libhmac-ruby).
>
> Some dobuts:
> 1. There was a conflicts in the old package on libopenid-ruby1.8 (<<
> 1.1.4-2) I've still kept this with transitional package not sure if
> its okay to remove
> 2. Old package only provided libhmac-ruby1.8 but with new version its
> compatible with ruby1.9.1 so shall I add libhmac-ruby1.9.1 for
> Provides: of new package?
>
> I've changed copyright file to dep5 format and added myself to Uploaders:
>
> Looking forward for reviews

Review:
debian/control:
- please uncomment Vcs-*
- the description should be rewritten to be useful to debian users. For
  example, the short description should probably say that it's a "Ruby
  interface to the HMAC algorithm" or something like that. Also, the
  line about who wrote it has nothing to do in a Debian description.
- the transitional packages were apparently copied from ruby-rspec (see
- see FIXME in ruby-hmac.docs

- Lucas