Re: Building a Debian package out of a Rubygems' .gem file

Hello Deepak,

Deepak Tripathi escreveu isso aí:
> Hi Antonio,
>
> Thanks for your effort.

Thanks for you feedback.

> I have some comments.
>
> 1) we can avoid first two steps using alioth's  gemwatch so that packager
> should come to know that what to put in debian/watch file  too :) .

Yes. I think that one of the options of dh-make-ruby should be "get data
from gemwatch". We will probably need to add some computer-friendly API
to gemwatch to download everything that's needed.

> 2) we can have a example of CDBS too.

I guess dh-make-ruby would need another option as well: to use either
dh7 (which should be the default IMO) or the existing CDBS class. Since
there are already lots of packages that use CDBS, I will need to support
it for some time anyway.

Using dh will make it easier for us to handle special cases in build,
since we can write actual code instead of makefile magic.

> 3) debian/source directory significance and quilt(native ) and quilt :)

I'm not sure what you mean here.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@softwarelivre.org>
http://softwarelivre.org/terceiro