Re: Package Sponsorship

Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 25/02/10 at 07:25 +0200, Will Daniels wrote:
>
>> I did look at the ruby-extras packaging team first, but I think that is
>> for slightly more generic libs than I'm likely to build from the
>> gitorious packaging? Apologies if I'm in the wrong place now.
>>

> No, pkg-ruby-extras aims at being *the* team for packaging ruby "stuff"
> (includes libraries, applications, etc).

Hi Lucas,

Yes, I see that now I was able to check out the repository. I had gotten
myself confused because I could not seem to browse the svn trunk on
Alioth and so I did an apt-get source libruby-extras and looked at the
list of dependencies, which is only a handful of core libs.

On revisiting the ruby-extras home page I see that this package is only
the first of two stated
goals, but my head was spinning a little before from trying to navigate
the Debian project :D It all seems perfectly well organised in
hindsight, but it is hard when you put too much information in your head
at once to make sense of it all.

Anyway, I'm glad to have found the right place now, and thanks everyone
for your help so far. I am predominantly an Ubuntu user still, but
trying to migrate more toward Debian proper as I find myself in a
position these days where I feel I can start contributing back, and it
makes more sense to me to try to do that from the point of origin.

Regards,
Will