Quick Question

Hi,

I'm currently packaging a ruby gem called rdiscount that provides a
simple bin script 'rdiscount' that begins by doing:

$: << File.expand_path(File.dirname(__FILE__) + "/../lib")
require 'rdiscount'

>From my limited knowledge of ruby so far, it I think this just adds
../lib to the search path, which seems at best redundant. What I'm
unsure about is whether it could be actively harmful in some way? I
don't think so, as it's only going to be /usr/lib, and it goes at the
end (assuming ruby searches in that order), but I don't really have the
experience to know.

So is that something that you would normally bother to patch out for
packaging or not? Probably I'm being too finicky :D

Sorry if I'm spamming the wrong list for this sort of question, but I
don't really know where else to ask it.

Cheers,
Will