Re: Debian Ruby Maintainers

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 11:49:28AM -0400, David Nusinow wrote:
> On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 12:39:38PM -0500, David Moreno Garza wrote:
> > On Sat, 2005-04-30 at 21:27 +0200, Paul van Tilburg wrote:
> > > There was some discussion on this list regarding the creation of a
> > > Ruby Maintainers Team.  This team would start first maintaing the
> > > supplement libraries to libruby, namely libruby-extras.  A project
> > > on Alioth has already been created (pkg-ruby-extras) and a
> > > Subversion repository is being set up.
> >
> > Any news on this front?
>
> Sorry, I've been insanely busy with X.org stuff right now. Once that's in
> experimental I'm going to get moving on this.

I am also busy with a lot of stuff and have allocated time for Debian Ruby
after GUADEC (that is, June 1).
I also have some policy issues and other plans that need some resolving ;)

> > I'm _really_ interested on seeing libsnmp-ruby[1] on Debian (used at
> > work), but I didn't ITPed it, since I think it would fit very well on
> > libruby-extras.
>
> I'll take your word for it. It seems like it would be useful but probably
> not for that many people. That doesn't mean we couldn't have it in the svn
> repo though, even if libruby-extras doesn't pull it in.

I agree on this. This is the same for libsvg-ruby I think.
It can be maintained by the team but not a part of the extras.
I suggest you file an ITP, I'll do the libsvg-ruby ITP too.

> > And well, let this mail be used also as a ping for everybody.

Pong!

Paul

--
Student @ Eindhoven                         | email: paulvt@debian.org