Re: Debian Ruby Maintainers

On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 12:39:38PM -0500, David Moreno Garza wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-04-30 at 21:27 +0200, Paul van Tilburg wrote:
> > There was some discussion on this list regarding the creation of a
> > Ruby
> > Maintainers Team.  This team would start first maintaing the
> > supplement
> > libraries to libruby, namely libruby-extras.  A project on Alioth has
> > already been created (pkg-ruby-extras) and a Subversion repository is
> > being set up.
>
> Any news on this front?

Sorry, I've been insanely busy with X.org stuff right now. Once that's in
experimental I'm going to get moving on this.

> I'm _really_ interested on seeing libsnmp-ruby[1] on Debian (used at
> work), but I didn't ITPed it, since I think it would fit very well on
> libruby-extras.

I'll take your word for it. It seems like it would be useful but probably
not for that many people. That doesn't mean we couldn't have it in the svn
repo though, even if libruby-extras doesn't pull it in.

> And well, let this mail be used also as a ping for everybody.

Pong :-)

 - David Nusinow