Re: ITP: libcmd-ruby -- library for building line-oriented command interpreters in Ruby

On Sat, Apr 16, 2005 at 12:39:25AM +0200, Paul van Tilburg wrote:
> We might take Ruby Stdlib route then... for now there are only two small
> packages. If we accumalate more, we could bundle them and still have
> virtual packages pointing at this one, if someone just wants the `cmd'
> library.
> However, the significant difference with stdlib is there are several
> upstream sources, so the syncing/versioning/bundling problem will get bigger,
> the many different upstreams are involved.

Yeah, I'm reconsidering. I'm still leaning towards the bundling idea, but
more the way you describe it, with individual packages that can all be
pulled in by a libruby-extras metapackage.

I'm also very interested in putting all the libraries that are pulled in by
the metapackage under a single umbrella project on alioth, with a single
svn repo for them all. The libs could be team maintained (by The Debian
Ruby Maintainers?) with anyone in the uploaders field who wants to help.
Thoughts?

 - David Nusinow