Re: ITP: libcmd-ruby -- library for building line-oriented command interpreters in Ruby

On Thu, April 14, 2005 13:16, Marcelo E. Magallon said:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 01:05:25PM -0400, David Nusinow wrote:
>
>  > Note: I have an ITP open on libformatr-ruby (#295171) and both this
>  > library and formatr are very small, so I am hesitant to put them in
>  > their own packages. I plan instead to create an aggregate package
>  > (libruby-extras or something) with non-standard ruby libs that are
>  > helpful.
>
>  I wouldn't do that.

Neither would I.

David, I urge you package these libs separately, even though they're
small.  That way, both the package descriptions and version numbers will
make more sense wrt upstream.

Say I stumble across mention of the Cmd library, and go looking for a
corresponding Debian package.  It makes my life (as a user) so much easier
if it's in a package called libcmd-ruby, rather than
librandomaggregateofcoolstuff-ruby.  Just my 2c.

--
cheers, Mike