Re: creating debian packages

Ar 01/06/2004 am 14:00, ysgrifennodd Roeland Moors:

> Here is the ruby package:
> http://rubyforge.org/projects/gnucap/
>
> The debian package can be created by typing 'rake deb' in de
> topdir. (rake must be installed)

As far as I can tell, Rake is not currently available for Debian and
would need to be packaged before the gnucap library.

The debian/rules file *must* run all commands required to build the
package. This includes invoking Rake.

> This is my first attempt at a debian package so tell me if I'm
> doing something wrong. Suggestions, comments are welcome.

Could you provide a Debian source package? I.e. This should be a
.orig.tar.gz, a .diff.gz and a .dsc.

I think the section should be "libs" rather than "interpreters".

I don't think there should be a "1.8" on the end of the package name --
my understanding is that this convention should normally be reserved for
packages built from the main Ruby distribution.

The examples included in the package should be installed in
/usr/share/doc.

It would be nice if all the boilerplate debhelper lines were removed
from the rules file.

Thanks!

--
Dafydd