Re: Consider publishing packages snapshots to support distroless images

On Sat, 2023-03-18 at 21:58 +0300, Aleksandr Razumov wrote:

> I would be happy to help speed up the process, but I just have a
> riscv64 devboard and some programming/ops skills, so I'm not sure if
> I can be helpful.

Making the port official is blocked on Debian admin people and core
porters, but you can definitely contribute towards improving the port.

A great way to help is to work on the build and test failures. You can
also send patches for existing bugs, or forward patches upstream for
existing patches. Upstreaming vendor hardware support patches to the
bootloaders, the Linux kernel, mesa etc also helps. You can also go
through the guide for new ports and work on any parts that are missing.

https://ci.debian.net/status/failing/?arch[]=riscv64
https://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/ftbfs.cgi?arch=riscv64
https://buildd.debian.org/status/architecture.php?a=riscv64
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=debian-riscv@lists.debian.org