Re: Packaging gcc-riscv32-elf bare-metal cross compiler

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:

> On Sun, 2022-07-10 at 16:28 +0000, John Scott wrote:
>
>> If there is still interest in having this package in Debian (which I
>> think should be called gcc-riscv32-elf if it's to produce ELF
>> binaries)
>
> Are the rv32 multi-lib targets in gcc-riscv64-unknown-elf enough here?
> Keith Packard (CCed) is the maintainer, but I expect they would welcome
> you and or the electronics team helping with the package.

The triplet is riscv64-unknown-elf because the default target is a
64-bit one, but (as you can see), the toolchain supports both 32- and
64- bit ISAs.

I'd love help packaging this; I'm no longer working with risc-v on a
regular basis, so I haven't been keeping track of the current 'popular'
compiler versions out there. It might be sufficient to simply use the
standard Debian GCC source package at this point though? That would
probably be far easier to keep current than the previous plan of
tracking the SiFive toolchain versions.

--
-keith