Re: Draft about bi-weekly status for debian-riscv ports

Hi,
On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 03:16:25PM -0400, Bill Blough wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Apr 18, 2022 at 01:04:13PM +0800, Bo YU wrote:

The proposal is:

I will make a bi-weekly report about debian-riscv and it includes but not
limited to:
    * debian-ci bug report about riscv64 arch. I think these bugreports
will flood into the ML in near future.
    * debian-buildd statistics. The debian-buildd for riscv64 is more
complex now. But new hardware resources are available in May from rvlab
[2]. So we can still view the page [3] to continue to fix FTBFS issue for
riscv.
    * Special issue to affect port progress. For example, The unmatched
board does not support HDMI output, IIRC.
    * packages (here is my billshit)
    ** firefox. I am stuck here
    ** QT
    ** Libreoffice
    ** ...
Welcome add some suggestions here and I will glace at it.

But I am a bit worried about that will bring the noise to the community and
this is not what I want, so if you feel uncomfortable please tell me.

I noticed that there haven't been any on-list responses to this, so I'll
give my 2 cents.  Though, I'm not (yet!) a contributor to the risc-v efforts,
so perhaps I'm not the best person to advise.

Anyway, I've been following the list for a while, and have some interest in
helping, but haven't really found a place where I felt I wanted to "dive
in".  So I think it's great that you're wanting to do this, as it could help
some of us get an idea where we'd be most useful.

Thank you Bill. It is great for receiving your giveback.

As the title descripted, I should started to make the first draft of the riscv64
porting status. But it was too rushed for me, so let's wait on the next week:)

During fix ftbfs issue on riscv64 arch, I sent some giveback to upstream also.
It is interesting. So i want to include them if they are tough as leftover.

BR,
Bo

Best regards,
Bill

--
GPG: 5CDD 0C9C F446 BC1B 2509  8791 1762 E022 7034 CF84