Re: no networking in riscv-qemu... use pppd?

> I think the C extension should be targeted by default for RV64. i.e. RV64GC
> (RV64IMAFDC). Check with the RISC-V Foundation. C is now enabled by default
> in the RV64 toolchain.
>
> BTW shipping silicon is RV32IMAC, which is why I mentioned it, however this
> is not really a mainstream distribution target as it's embedded. There will
> be RV64GC hardware soonish I hope.

Do you think that all RV64G hardware, at least the one able to run a
general purpose OS ("not embedded"), will also support C?

I think that it'll depend on the people implementing the hardware, and
that the Foundation doesn't have much say on that, unless they try and
have the power to strongarm companies into always implementing C.

--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>