Re: no networking in riscv-qemu... use pppd?

>  the riscvemu published images off the website work fine.  i'm
> wondering what/whether it's useful for me to recompile things (i'm not
> a fan of doing things that aren't necessary)

Necessary... well, it depends on what you want to achieve and the
exact meaning of having a Debian port up and running.

For having an architecture included in Debian infrastructure (as it is
with other ports like alpha, m68k, sparc64, sh4, etc), it's a bit
difficult right now because glibc and linux are not upstreamed, the
dpkg maintainer doesn't want to add support until those are
upstreamed, etc.

I am setting up a repository of packages that can probably be used to
set up a base image, but there are missing pieces (like the
toolchain).  Most of the base Debian system is there, and it's
functional enough to compile itself over months.

So if you want a Debian image, rather than the existing Fedora image,
probably most of the work to get there is done -- just have to put it
somewhere, I hope that it happens within the next days.

Cheers.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>