Re: Welcome to the list!

On Wed, Nov 09, 2016 at 03:21:43PM +0100, Karsten Merker wrote:

- The RISC-V binutils codebase is in principle upstreamed since a
  few days:

  https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commit;h=e23eba971dd409b999dd83d8df0f842680c1c642

  Nonetheless there are AFAIK still a number of points that need
  adjustments and may break compatibility with (some) existing
  binaries.  AFAIK one thing that is still being discussed is the
  correct format/value of certain ELF header data for RISC-V, but
  I am not familiar with the specifics of ELF, so I don't know
  any details.

I have in the meantime done a bit of further research regarding
the ELF header changes.[...]

Thanks for the info, Karsten.  Sad but very relevant and informative.

(This is also one of the reasons why I didn't try very hard to make
things public, from previous replies I feared that incompatible changes
would come at some point.)

For me, having to rebuild is not a problem, as long as the machines do
the job, but if we're back to square one as some people mention in the
thread, that'll really hurt.  Untangling all circular deps and so on is
a *major* hassle.

Cheers.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>