Re: This is just a kind idea

On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 3:04 AM, Ludovic Pouzenc wrote:

> I am a sysadmin from south of France interested about Risc-V. I'm not a DD
> but a user of Debian from Woody to now.

Thanks for your interest!

> I got some icoBoard to start playing with libre FPGA toolchain and I hope
> acheive to switch my mind from VHDL to Verilog.

Consensus on the #lowRISC IRC channel was that it should be possible
to run a 32-bit RISC-V processor on the icoBoard. FYI, I think the
initial plan for the Debian port is for 64-bit, but IIRC it is blocked
by lack of RISC-V support in upstream toolchain packages
(Linux/qemu/GCC/etc).

The RISC-V community seems to be focussed on non-VHDL/Verilog hardware
description solutions. The main one I've seen mentioned is Chisel,
which is a Scala-based language.

> I will try to be online on IRC to get in touch (may have "timezone"
> problems). I may help to fight against failing builds or on other grunting
> tasks around the whole thing.

Most of us are on IRC 24x7 and will respond when we are not AFK.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise