xrdp involvement

Hi,

I'm one of the maintainers of the xrdp project.

From time-to-time we identify issues on our tracker which are best solved downstream by the distros. Since the vast majority of our uses seem to be using Debian-derived distros I would dearly like to get some engagement with the Debian packagers over these, but at present I haven't identified a useful mechanism to do so.

Good examples of these are #907878 which has been outstanding for a couple of years, and #984782 which I raised myself a little recently.

At downstream, we're able to advise some users who stumble across these as to fixes and workarounds. To a point that's OK, but because we have no engagement at present with Debian in particular, I can never be sure that the fix I'm advising is optimal, or how I can propose it to Debian for discussion at least.

Is there a better mechanism for us to attempt an engagement other than raising bugs? Should we maybe be proposing PRs in salsa too? I'm sure we can find some effort to do that if it would be helpful to you and your users.

Thanks for any info,

--
Matt Burt