Re: discover is marked for autoremoval from testing

On Tue, 2022-01-11 at 19:37 +0100, Paul Gevers wrote:

> So, I guess the text could be updated to reflect this? I *guess* the
> reason that the e-mail was sent was because the bug was closed with the
> upload. That resets the autoremoval timer (until the issue is fixed *in
> testing*). The script doesn't have enough information to determine if
> the package will migrate successfully, so like with any autoremoval date
> change it will inform the relevant parties.

I have noticed this confusion happens a lot and generates a lot of
discussion on this list and elsewhere, which is suboptimal. It might be
less confusing for everyone if autoremovals that probably aren't going
to happen were just hidden from maintainers. If the autoremoval date is
after the scheduled migration date and there is nothing blocking the
migration except for the wait time, then there should be no need to
mail the maintainer about it nor show the autoremoval on the DPT page.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise