Re: discover is marked for autoremoval from testing

On 11 January 2022 05:39:03 CET Debian testing autoremoval watch wrote:
> discover 2.1.2-9 is marked for autoremoval from testing on 2022-01-24
>
> It is affected by these RC bugs:
> 999249: discover: missing required debian/rules targets build-arch and/or
> build-indep https://bugs.debian.org/999249
>
> This mail is generated by:
> https://salsa.debian.org/release-team/release-tools/-/blob/master/mailer/mai
> l_autoremovals.pl
>
> Autoremoval data is generated by:
> https://salsa.debian.org/qa/udd/-/blob/master/udd/testing_autoremovals_gathe
> rer.pl

Shouldn't those script (or whatever is responsible*) be updated to only send
these kind of mail when it actually provides actionable information?

The RC bug 999249 was fixed on 2022-01-09 and this mail was send 2 days *after*
that ...

I think the functionality itself is quite useful.
But I've seen *quite* a number of these 'false-positives', which is a recipe
for these reports/mails to get ignored, defeating its purpose.

*) https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/discover also (still) shows it as a high
priority problem, while the problem is already fixed/addressed.
As I've seen it on t.d.o quite a lot of times, it's either a problem in
tracker or whatever feeds the data which renders the tracker page.

Cheers,
  Diederik