Re: how to patch package rhonabwy before bullseye release?

Salut Pierre-Elliott, thanks for your help!

Le 2021-07-04 à 06 h 12, Pierre-Elliott Bécue a écrit :

Have a look at [0].

Yes, that's why I'm asking for help. The full freeze is close but the bugs fixed are quite important, and since rhonabwy is a crypto library, they can lead to security issues.

We are in the hard freeze part. If your package has passing non-trivial
autopkgtest, it'll migrate from unstable to bullseye after 20 days
without an unblock request. It is expected that your changes are non big
and non-disruptive.

The package salsa repo [0] has been updated with the fix.

There's a d/rules minor change which isn't related to the bugs fixed:
d/rules: remove dpkg-shlibdeps from override_dh_auto_install
It's a remaining I forgot to remove before, but I can cancel this change since it's not important.

The bugfix itself is a single patch file [2].

BUT, as the full freeze will probably start before the 20 days limit is
reached, I can't say how your package migration will be handled. I guess
it will be blocked. I would therefore recommend you confirm with a release
team member what to do, but I guess an unblock bug with the debdiff opened
right now could be a good idea and would probably allow your changes to be
part of bullseye if the release-team see it fit. :)

  1. Uploading to unstable for now is not a bad idea if the upload is
     what you expect to see in testing
  2. The urgency field is ignored during the currents and future parts
     of the freeze.

Therefore I'm relying on the team wisdom.

Would you accept a new package in unstable, maybe with a high urgency?

I can also wait for bullseye release and push the new package in proposed-updates?

Thanks!

/Nicolas

[0] https://salsa.debian.org/debian-iot-team/oauth2/rhonabwy
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/debian-iot-team/oauth2/rhonabwy/-/blob/master/debian/patches/bugfixes.patch