how to patch package rhonabwy before bullseye release?

Hello release team,

I'm maintaining the package rhonaby [1] in the debian IoT tem, as well as being the upstream author.

Recently, I've fixed two bugs in the library that I'd like to backport to the debian package in the bullseye release, I consider them to be important bugfixes.

Do I have to open a RC bug before pushing the package or can I just push a new package?
Also, do I have to set the urgency higher than medium?

Thanks in advance, sorry if my questions are dumb.

/Nicolas

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/rhonabwy