Re: Request: removal of package lilo from testing

Hello Paul,

Paul Gevers wrote on 2019-11-16 20:20:

> Hi Joachim,
>
> On 16-11-2019 13:42, Joachim Wiedorn wrote:
> > Paul Gevers wrote on 2019-11-11 22:57:
> >
> >> On different thoughts, are users of lilo migrated to grub2 in any way?
> >> Is this possible? If not, this is probably worth mentioning in the
> >> release-notes, no?
> >
> > This is a important point. What is the best way?

Now I have decided to let lilo in the repository for some more months and
create a new package with debian/NEWS file with this content:

 Lilo is at the end of development for some years. Finally the
 Debian package of lilo will set as deprecated and will vanish
 as install package until the end of year 2020. All machines
 with lilo should move to grub2 (or others) in the next months.

I have checked the "Popularity contest statistics for lilo" which say:

 Vote: 104
 Recent: 23 (and 6 of them are devices from me)

Because of this statistic I think this is the easiest way for this package.

What do you think?
Perhaps you have a better text for the NEWS file?

---
Have a nice day.
Joachim (Germany)