Re: gpac_0.7.1+dfsg1-1_amd64.changes is NEW

On 4/2/19 3:08 PM, Niels Thykier wrote:
> Thorsten Alteholz:
>> Hi Reinhard,
>>
>> On Tue, 2 Apr 2019, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
>>> Now about 6 weeks have passed since I've been uploading this package, and
>>> I do have a question: Is there anything wrong with this package?
>>
>> yes, you did an upload to unstable. At this time of the freeze and
>> without a notice from the maintainer/release team this is usually wrong.

I did the upload on 2/15. At the time of the upload, I missed the deadline
for the soft freeze by three days. I don't consider this a large or disruptive
change so I uploaded the package hoping it to get accepted anyways.

Admittedly, I then lost track of this package and realized only earlier today
that it still hadn't made it to unstable. My bad, sorry!

>>> I'm CC'ing the release team to inform them about this upload.
>>
>> Ok, so is this version suitable for buster?
>>
>>   Thorsten
>>

> Note that gpac/0.5.2-426-gc5ad4e4+dfsg5-4.1 is currently in sid,
> recorded as fixing #892526, #902782 and #921969.  Therefore, please hold
> gpac/0.7.1+dfsg1-1 in NEW for now until the sid version can migrate to
> testing.

Ah, that's great news. I didn't realize that Moritz backported the
security fixes to an earlier upstream version. I managed to locate the
git commits but wasn't comfortable with backporting them to version 0.5.2,
not all of them applied cleanly and I lacked the confidence to resolve
the conflicts.

Thanks Moritz for taking care of this!

> As for gpac/0.7.1+dfsg1-1, I cannot find a debdiff for it on the mailing
> list nor the BTS.  Therefore, I have no clue whether it is suitable for
> buster.

The debdiff is unreasonably large (several MiB), there are a *lot* of
unrelated upstream changes included.

I'll spare you to review it.

Given we do have those RC bugs fixed with more targeted patches, I
no longer see the urgency to get 0.7.1 into unstable. Would you agree
with having 0.7.1 in experimental instead? If so, I'd upload it as
0.7.1-2 to experimental.

Let me know if you have any thoughts or concerns on that.

Best,
-rt